Simple 10 Minute Meal(s)

Monday, June 09, 2014

 
Chicken, Zucchini, Kale, Green Tea

Trust me I am no cook... I don't mind cooking and on many occasions even enjoy it but I only enjoy it when I'm cooking for someone else.  If it's just me, I've often been known to skip the meal instead of taking 10 minutes out to create something.  That being said, for the times that I do get off my lazy boo-tay this is typically what I create.  

It's nothing special but it's cheap, quick, healthy and I always feel great after the meal.  I can save a lot of time by chopping up my food all while the stove and oil is being heated up.  

To Do:
- Turn stove on and begin to heat pans and oil
- Take out veggies, meat, etc and begin chopping (Smaller pieces cook faster and also save time later dealing with a fork and knife).
- If steaming add foods to steamer.
- Add rest of food to pan and cook.

- Don't forget to add spices for flavor.

Fun Tip: Steaming, or so I've heard, takes out some of the nutrients during the process and leaves them in the water below.  I have no idea if there's any scientific proof to this or if it's even enough to matter but to combat this effect I simply use that water to make green tea!  The water is already hot so all I have to do is pour it into a glass and add the tea bag, viola!

That's it.  I always keep some kinda of veggies and meat around for a meal or even a quick snack.

Happy cooking!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Like me on Facebook