Success: Are You Ready?

Tuesday, March 04, 2014


Are you ready for the success you want?  That's my question to you.

Maybe you want to win the lottery,  maybe you want a job promotion, or maybe you want your business to suddenly explode with prosperity. Whatever and however you define 'success' in your own life my question to you is Are You Ready?

This topic has been poking it's head up at random times over the past few months in my life so I've decided to try and grab it.

A recent example I can't seem to shake from my mind was some friends of mine on Facebook wanting to win the lottery. How great it would be, all they could do with their winnings to improve their lives and the lives of others.

I'd argue that with success (in this case money) comes a lot of responsibility that most of us are just not ready for. How often do you hear stories about past winners and how they're now broke. We hear these stories, mock the people and move on with our dreams but the truth is why do we think we're any better or any more prepared for 'success?'

Another example happened to me. One of the aspects of my business is introducing new people to the business and helping them to grow their own business. This in turn helps my business. So at first all I could focus on was bringing new people in but I noticed very quickly something happening, they were dropping off. I had finally achieved the success I wanted but I wasn't actually ready for it. I didn't know what to do with the people once they joined me!

Conclusion
My point is not, if you want success you need to go out and work hard for it. Everyone says that and everyone already knows it. My point is that maybe you're not achieving your success because you're not ready for it. Let's stop blaming the circumstances around us and work on ourselves first.

Brandon Broadwater, a personal development coach at his seminars has the audience chant, "I'm bigger then my circumstances." At first I thought this was pretty silly. Now I realize all of my success has come from looking within and improving myself and not focusing solely on the world around me.

I challenge you to do the same. If there is an area of your life you want 'success' first look within. Is there anything you can improve first?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Like me on Facebook