Sports on TV: I Hate It

Friday, January 31, 2014



I have a confession to make...

Are you sure you're ready for this?

...

I hate sports.

I feel like I'm breaking some kind of time honored tradition or 'guy law' by saying those words but it's the truth. I've just never understood them or cared.  Now let me specify exactly what I don't like.

Specifically I don't like watching sports on TV.  I love going to LIVE sporting events and I love playing sports, but mindlessly yelling at a TV has just never appealed to me.

I just don't get it. I have seen people literally fight with other people while watching sports. What the hell? Do you own some kind of stock or shares in that sports team? Did you at least bet some money on the game that you're getting so infuriated at? If not, why all the craziness?

Oh but it gets even better. Has your team ever won and you feel a sense of pride and then decided to shove that pride in other peoples face because their team lost?  Really? Were you in the game or did you do anything to assist in that victory? I'm actually asking, what role did you pay, I mean play?

It's funny I hear things like "I can't believe that player(s) gets paid so much."  Do you really not know where all that money is coming from?  Let me give you a clue. It's coming from YOU.

Look, I'm not completely clueless to the fact that watching sports provides many people entertainment and I certainly don't want anyone to think that just because these are my feelings that I think they should change theirs; unless you are the crazy who is starting the fights.

Conclusion
I guess my opinion is this, and I truly try my best to live by something I heard a while back from Brendon Burchard the author of The Millionaire Messenger. On my deathbed I hope I'll be thinking about my family, my friends and if I mattered in this world.  I'll most likely want some more time and I don't want to look back knowing that I spent too much time or energy on something that isn't one of those three things.

What do you think? If you're a sports nut what is it exactly that you get from it? I'd like to understand this better.
 


   

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Total Pageviews

Like me on Facebook